The Ocean of Not
Established Legend of the Five Rings continuity
- will be ignored or implemented at the DM’s discretion.
- Major NPC’s from First Edition will be used, but the campaign is not beholden to any established birth dates, backstory, and future destiny of these characters.
- Only events mentioned or explicitly included in the wiki are canonical to this campaign.
- Information found online or in other L5R sourcebooks must be ratified by the players, DM reserves veto power.
- The official beginning date of the campaign is 1119.
- Blanket removal of male/female bias in samurai culture. A samurai is considered gender-neutral by right of their social status.
- Gender roles still exist, especially in the lower classes and certain ‘conservative’ families and clans.
- The feminine suffix “-ko” is considered non-offensive, but very old fashioned.
- The intent of this house rule is to remove these factors from female characters’ world — unless the player explicitly wishes to explore them.
- In world explanation [for the purist misogynist or rules-mongers]: The previous Hantei was female. She ruled as Empress for 35 years, a golden age of peace and prosperity.
Further House Rules will be implemented at DM discretion when the need arises.